Selecting the right medication
Allergy season is officially here and staying healthy doesn’t have to be a headache. Many of the over-the-counter medications purchased today were once only available by prescription. Did you know some OTC medications should not be used with other medications or have special dosing instructions? How do you know which one to choose? Simply talk to your Pharmacist!
Understand your medicine before taking
Ask your Getwell Drug & Dollar Pharmacist these six questions before taking any new OTC medication:
- What OTC medications are available for my symptoms?
- How much of this medicine should I take at a time?
- How often should I take this medicine and for how long?
- What medicines, herbal supplements, foods, beverages or activities should I avoid while taking this product?
- Does this product interact with any of the other medications I am taking?
- Is there anything else about the OTC products I should know before taking it or giving it to my loved ones?